Recently my hubby is on Veg diet ... so i have to think of new ideas .. last week was fun .. i tried pizza .. and coz i have extra cheese .. and dont wanna let them go to waste, i decided on cheese bake rice ... ^_^ ..
Not so difficult to make .. coz mainly done in my rice cooker itself .. and final baking in oven for the cheese layer...
As usual, search online started to look for new receipes ... and I chance upon Noobcook.com http://www.noobcook.com/ and modified the recipe from here.
cup uncooked rice, washed
- Water to cook rice
- 30g butter
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 100g broccoli florets, stem trimmed
- 1 to 2 tbsp corn nibblets
- cream of mushroom (undiluted)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese & Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Mushrooms
- Salt & Pepper
1. Using a microwave, melt butter to liquid . In the rice cooker pot, add
melted butter, washed rice, water to cook rice , garlic cloves, salt and black
pepper to taste. Stir well.
2. Using the upper rack of my rice cooker, I place broccoli florets and sliced sweet
potatoes. Be sure to leave some of the air vent open. If you don’t have an
upper rack, you can steam them separately. Cook the rice mixture prepared in
step 1 together with the upper rack of vegetables in the rice cooker.
3. When the rice is cooked, mash the steamed broccoli and mix it well into the
4. Then add in corn nibblets.
5. Mix everything well.
6. Portion out the rice into oven-safe baking dishes
7. Smear some mushroom soup sauce on top of the rice
8. Arrange steamed potato slices and fresh mushroom on top.
9. Top with a layer of shredded cheese. Baked in a pre-heated oven at 200C
(392F) for about 20-25 minutes, or until all the cheese has melted and is very